A playlist that is made up of all the music I have loved and had no idea what song it was, or who it was performing it.
I’ve been back on fire with these Spotifried features lately. Yesterday I put together My Morning Journey #10 which was the first of those I’ve done in a while. I also introduced some cool and unique ways of putting these Spotifried features together, my favorite of which (until today) was Under The Influence #1 which saw me putting together a cool ass playlist based off the music my friends were listening to and nothing else. Each and every unique way of putting them together created all sorts of different vibed playlists.
This new one, called Shazam That is going to be a lot more sporadic than the above as it takes A LOT longer to put together. In a nutshell, it is a playlist that is made up of all the music I have loved and had no idea what song it was, or who it was performing it. The finding out part was done using the awesome iPhone app Shazam (hence the name Shazam That) which can pretty much tell you who and what song that is playing. Coolest of all is it works even if you have no network connection, saving the tag for lookup later. Over the whole time of putting this first Shazam That playlist together there was only one song that Shazam couldn’t identify and, in fairness it sounded like it was a 1920′s song so I can probably forgive them for that!
All of the songs on this playlist were found over 6 months. Some were on TV shows or movies, others were playing at a bar or club that I was at around New York City, some were even plying in cars at traffic lights! What makes this the most special is that it is nothing but absolute quality because I loved each song enough to reach in my pocket, grab my iPHONE and Shazam it. Possibly the best Spotifried playlist to date, Spotifried #19 – Shazam That #1 is full of the coolest, oldest, most eclectic and random music I have ever compiled into a playlist. One that will appeal to all ages and that will offend no-one, enjoy my new Spotifried series…..Shazam That!
Spotifried #19 – Shazam That #1 Tracklisting:
- Kay Starr – “It’s A Good Day”
- Suzanne Vega – Tom’s Diner
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross – Complication With Optimistic Outcome
- Chick Webb & His Orchestra – Go Harlem
- PowerSolo – Good Behaviour
- C.C. Adcock – Y’all’d Think She’d Be Good 2 Me
- Karen Elson – Season Of The Witch
- Arthur Gunter – Baby, Let’s Play House
- Nat Adderley – Scrambled Eggs
- Danko Jones – I’m Alive And On Fire
- Puscifer – The Mission “M Is For Milla Mix”
- Billie Holiday – I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues
- Ella Fitzgerald – A Foggy Day
- Screaming Jay Hawkins – I Put A Spell On You (Normal)
- Eagles Of Death Metal – I Want You So Hard (Boy’s Bad News)
- America – A Horse With No Name
- Witch – Soul Of Fire
- Patty Griffin – I Smell A Rat
- Fever Ray – If I Had A Heart
- The Heavy – And When I Die
- Ralph Stanley – Twelve Gates to the City