A collection of songs to listen to before you quit your job.
So today is my last day as VP Creative Director for a men’s website as, two weeks ago I made the decision that it was time for me to move on and try some new challenges in this wonderful city that is New York City. Whilst I still haven’t fully decided what those new challenges might be, and I will likely need a couple of weeks downtime to re-group and really tactically make that move, the decision to walk away from a job is never an easy one. Quitting your job and leaving behind a steady paycheck potentially puts everything at risk, over nothing more than a gut feeling because, let’s face it, we all have bills to pay and there is no city more expensive than NYC. You have all sorts of emotions and feelings running through you and you need to be sure that you are seeing the correct ones, the ones that matter most amongst that noise. And of course… you should always trust your gut because it is usually right!
So how do you achieve making a decision as difficult as this? Well you listen to this issue of Spotifried is how! Songs For Quitting Your Job #1 has a ton of songs of all different emotions. It has positivity for tomorrow, annoyance at today, anger, frustration and everything else in between. If you are even considering quitting your job put Songs For Quitting Your Job #1 on, shut your eyes and do nothing but think and hopefully, by the end of it you make the right decision.
Today’s Spotifried is one of liberation, it is one of putting yourself above everything else. It is also one of courage and lack of fear and an extreme urge for change and new experiences. It is one of realizing life is too short to be doing something you don’t love with all your heart and it is one that will hopefully lead me to the next, awesome chapter in my life.
Today is a good day, because it is the start of that new chapter in my life and these songs helped shape the decision that allowed that change to happen. Powerful stuff and one not to be taken lightly!
DISCLAIMER: WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS MADE FROM LISTENING TO THIS PLAYLIST!
* The artwork is one of my original pieces titled I Walk Alone. An original art piece inspired by every man’s plight of walking alone i.e coming in to the world alone and leaving alone. The background is a fast forward collage of that person’s mind. A paradox is brought into play however when you notice that someone is watching the person walking alone from a window within the scene.
Spotifried #14 – Songs For Quitting Your Job #1 Tracklisting:
- Radiohead – 2 + 2 =5
- Blur – For Tomorrow
- Microfilm – Derniere Sequence
- Dustin Kensrue – Consider The Ravens
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Rainy Day, Dream Away
- Kasabian – Secret Alphabets
- Alexisonfire – Boiled Frogs
- Deftones – Minerva
- 30 Seconds To Mars – Search and Destroy
- Radiohead – High and Dry
- Kanye West – Power
- Beastie Boys – The Rat Cage
- Rage Against The Machine – Fistful of Steel
- Witch – Soul Of Fire
- Thrice – The Lion And The Wolf
- Kanye West – Hell Of a Life
- Alexisonfire – You Burn First
- J.D. McPherson – Scandalous
- Atmosphere – I Don’t Need Brighter Days
- Coldplay – What If
- Friendly Fires – Running Away
- Ramones – Listen To My Heart
- Incubus – Nice To Know You
- Ben Howard – Keep Your Head Up
- Beastie Boys – Something’s Got To Give
- Bonobo – Nothing Owed
- The Doors – The End